The Sun formed about 4.6 billion years ago from a cloud of gas and dust. Here are the main steps:
- A huge cloud of gas and dust, called a nebula, began to collapse under its own gravity.
- As the cloud collapsed, it began to spin and flatten into a disk shape.
- In the center of the disk, the gas and dust became so dense and hot that nuclear fusion began, and the Sun was formed.
- The leftover gas and dust in the disk began to clump together to form planets, like Earth.
- The solar wind from the sun was blowing out the remaining gas and dust around it, forming the solar system.
That’s a brief overview of how the Sun formed!